Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Sleeping has been the most sought after treasure for the past month or so.

Lately I’m deprived of good night’s sleep. In fact it’s been several months. And it’s finally taking a toll. In hinder sight the last two months have been quite stressful for the people around and me me. Mostly my colleagues. And that’s only the small part of the iceberg. My back has been menacing me a lot. Whenever I try to roll over it just snap or something and the excruciating pain ensues.

A few years ago I went through a full-blown sleep study and had diagnosed my self with self inflicted sleep apnea. So I sought to find out what could cause it. And just remembered that I’m in menopause. I think I’ve good diagnostic skill.

So now I’m using some machine with a gas mask which I wear whenever I go to sleep. It was believed to let air move around freely, so I won’t stop breathing and wake up in the middle of the night.
But the whole thing isn’t work well.

The doctor who prescribed the machine to me also gave me some sleep medication to take so I can supplement the machine with. The pills and the machine worked well for sometime but now both are defunct ways to remedy my sleep deprivation. I think my sleep problem got to do with me becoming so tired of all the things around me.

No medication is going to get me rid of my sleep problem. I just need to take every possible opportunity and try and sleep.

No comments: